Employer: Wolfe Automotive Group
Date Posted: August 4, 2022
Reporting to the President of Wolfe Automotive Group you will be passionate about leading your dealership team to success. As a General Manager for this high-volume location (Wolfe Chevrolet - Edmonton), you must be an agile result orientated leader keenly focused on financial success and people development. It is not enough to be successful in your own position, you must be able to foster success throughout the entire team. The successful incumbent must be an exceptional General Manager with experience with a domestic automotive brand preferred and have a proven ability to deliver cutting edge sales and fixed operations tactics.
Your primary responsibility is for managing and running the dealership, in keeping with its long and short-term objectives, focusing on profit and return on invested capital, and curating the overall client experience.
Additional responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Hires, trains and motivates all dealership department managers.
- Directs and monitors all dealership management or supervisory personnel functions and completes formal performance evaluations of all department managers at regularly scheduled intervals.
- Plans dealership operations for the coming year and submits to the dealer for approval.
- Meets with the comptroller/office manager, CFO and President monthly to review departmental forecasts for consistency with the annual forecast.
- Meets with managers individually to develop monthly and annual goals and objectives, and to review actual performance.
- Monitors the daily operating control (DOC), recommending improved courses of action where necessary.
- Provides dealer with accurate weekly reports on the financial condition of the dealership.
- Ensures that the monthly financial statement is complete, accurate and submitted timely.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with lending institutions and manufacturer personnel.
- Communicates management policies and procedures to all employees and ensures that they are understood and followed.
- Provides enthusiastic leadership to help shape employees' attitudes and build morale.
- Holds regularly scheduled managers meetings to ensure that every department is operating efficiently and profitably.
- Plans short- and long-term dealership goals, objectives, and forecasts annually and submits to corporate management for approval.
- Implement growth strategies that align with automotive group objectives by carefully assessing profit and loss while maintaining vehicle inventory that meets the needs of the local market.
- Reviews all requests for training, approves those which are appropriate and consistent with the dealership's goals for professional/technical ability and advancement, and monitors their effectiveness.
- Reviews and approves compensation plans for all employees.
- Coordinates with the business office to ensure that records and analyses are maintained accurately.
- Develops merchandising strategies and assists in creating effective, cost-efficient advertising programs.
- Resolves any customer complaints that department managers are unable to rectify.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management AND/OR public groups.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management and/or public groups.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical analysis. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Have a natural persuasive attitude
- Customer Service Experience a must
- Computer Skills (DMS, CRM, Excel)
- Friendly, patient, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and relationship building ability
- Positive attitude and independent thinker
- Previous Automotive Dealership experience
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve independently.
- Strong collaboration skills - can work well with navigating various stakeholders and teams.
- Extensive knowledge of the automotive industry and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of the NADA General Manager Program, or comparable automotive program.
- Ideally 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role at a GM dealership
- Overseeing development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
Automotive Service Technician
Employer: Big Lakes Dodge
City: High Prairie
Date Posted: March 5, 2021
Big Lakes Dodge in High Prairie is hiring for a major position. We are seeking an Automotive Service Technician to join our team!
If you are looking for a great work environment, small town camaraderie as well as the opportunity for growth then Big Lakes Dodge is the place for you!
- Competitive compensation plan
- Group benefit plan
- Training and guidance for long term success
- Fun and positive work environment
*Successful individual must have automotive technical experience, a valid driver’s license and be able to:
- Efficiently and accurately perform quality repair work in accordance with dealership’s and factory standards.
- Complete system diagnostics and full automotive troubleshooting and testing.
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Keep service advisors advised of the status of the service work as well as the estimated time for completion so that customers can be informed.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company’s Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Individual will be expected to have excellent communication skills as well as a professional and positive attitude.
Preference given to candidates with interprovincial red seal and Chrysler experience, but would consider and train all other interested candidates including apprentices.
If you are interested in being a part of our team please contact Chris at (780) 523-5007.