|The SAIT Automotive Management Certificate Program is offered in partnership with Motor Dealers' Association of Alberta. These tailor designed courses will provide you with practical skills that you can use in your day-to-day operations. Participants can complete 12 courses to earn a SAIT "Applied Management Certificate". Courses can be taken in any order but must be completed in 5 years.
The next course, "Emotional Intelligence" is scheduled for June 5-6, 2018 at SAIT in Calgary. Course information is as follows:
Over 25 years’ worth of research into the factors that contribute to success in the workplace have resulted in new and emerging perceptions about intelligence. The study of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) identifies a series of non-cognitive skills that can predict success in the workplace and organizations are beginning to recognize this importance.
Emotional Intelligence offers explanations as to why some people excel while others do not, despite equal intellectual capacity, training and experience. This course provides insight into the relationship between emotion, productivity and quality, and the impact of emotional intelligence in the workplace. Explore how EQ skills impact work teams or co-workers and learn guidelines for addressing emotion in the workplace.
We also cover the history and development of emotional intelligence, how EQ is measured, how to master EQ self-awareness and how to lead an engaged workforce.
Module 1: History and Development of Emotional Intelligence
- Define the concept of emotional intelligence and understand the history of emotional intelligence research.
- Describe how the concept of EQ is being used in the business world and the potential impact on your own work environment.
- Discuss the relationship between emotions and cognitive processes and understand how emotions affect our physiology and ability to reason.
Module 2: Measuring EQ and Mastering Self Awareness
- Review Emotional Intelligence assessment results and understand the influence of EQ in personal and professional life.
- Recognize personal patterns and assess the impact of those patterns. Understand the thoughts, feeling and actions that are reflective of patterns.
- Assess the roles we employ in our daily lives and reflect on the hidden aspects of ourselves. Determine the consequences, both positive and negative, of wearing the mask.
- Recognize actions and behaviours in a team environment and understand what and how your internal thoughts and emotions are being transmitted and interpreted by others.
- Build an awareness of our personal values and the connection between the alignments of values at work.
Module 3: Applying EQ Competencies in the Workplace
- Discover strategies for motivation - both intrinsic and extrinsic and the impact that leadership can have in inspiring others to achieve.
- Understand the power of optimism as a means of creating positive influence and a work environment where individuals thrive.
- Understand the role that empathy plays in our relationships with others. Become aware of assumptions we make about others and evaluate the impact that has on our choice of behavior in interactions with people.
- Understand the benefits of establishing noble goals, both personal and organizational.
- Begin to develop individual goals based on reflections and review of material covered in the entire course.
Understand how resiliency impacts performance and contributes to individual and organizational survival and success. Identify the emotional competencies that foster resilience.
Click here to register.