|The SAIT Automotive Management Certificate Program is offered in partnership with Motor Dealers' Association of Alberta. These tailor designed courses will provide you with practical skills that you can use in your day-to-day operations. Participants can complete 12 courses to earn a SAIT "Applied Management Certificate". Courses can be taken in any order but must be completed in 5 years.
The next courses, "Time Management & Organizational Skills" and "From Conflict to Negotiation - A Win Win" are scheduled for October 17 - 18, 2017 at SAIT in Calgary. Course information is as follows:
Improving your skill in time management entails understanding how competing demands can fracture your attention and undermine your productivity. Equally important is learning to manage priorities and follow through on a personal system for time management. Upon completion of this seminar you will leave well-equipped with a tool kit of templates and proven strategies for effectively managing your time.
Module 1: Understanding Time & You
- Examine the true concept of time management
- Identify different approaches and styles of time management
- Determine where time is spent in a typical week & day
- Identify barriers to time management and identify associated origins of barriers
- Define energy as a resource for effective management
- Recognize solutions towards building resilience through re-charging.
Module 2: Managing Priorities
- Examine the difference between efficient and effective processes
- Distinguish between important and urgent tasks
- Use effective goal setting to determine priorities and aid time management
- Describe different tools for managing priorities
- Document and planning weekly goals
- Develop a daily planning tool
Module 3: Tackling the Time Thieves
- Organize an effective work space
- Describe solutions for the telephone
- Describe solutions for email
- Examine the impact of social media on time management
Module 4: Making it Work at Work!
- Demonstrate the importance of effective communication in implementing time management techniques.
- Develop strategy to deal with Interruptions and Interactions.
- Apply effective methods of communication for negotiation and prioritizing, including how to say “no”.
- Identify strategies to conduct effective meetings in a busy schedule.
- Determine solutions to prevent procrastination.
- Determine how to implement the tool box at work.
From Conflict to Negotiation: A Win-Win
In this course, you will gain an understanding of conflict resolution in workplaces and other relationships in our lives as well as develop negotiation strategies and skills to deal with different situations.
Course topics include conflict management, managing emotions, communication strategies, negotiation process, negotiation strategies, and negotiation skills and techniques
Module 1: Introduction to Conflict Management
- Recognize conflict and distinguish factors that contribute to conflict.
- Identify primary approaches to conflict.
Module 2: Managing Your Emotions
- Recognize how perceptions affect emotions.
- Manage anger and anxiety more effectively.
- Demonstrate the power of emotional and social intelligence to manage conflict effectively.
Module 3: Communicating Effectively
- Identify factors that contribute to a positive foundation for relationships.
- Increase awareness of non-verbal behaviour in self and others.
- Demonstrate effective verbal communication skills.
Module 4: Introduction to Negotiation
- Demonstrate negotiation is a life skill and a business strategy.
- Explain key components of negotiation.
- Identify key roles and responsibilities in the negotiation process.
- Define skills to build negotiation strategies.
Module 5: Arriving at the Win-Win Negotiation
- Explain how to build rapport for the success of the negotiation process.
- Demonstrate a mutual gains approach to negotiation.
- Describe any practices that enhance negotiating techniques.
- Identify pitfalls to avoid for a successful negotiation.
- Demonstrate how to reach a win-win agreement.
Click here to register.