The purpose of the Code of Ethics is to ensure member dealers adhere to the standards and principles of the Canadian Automobile Dealers Association and its provincial association partners. The publication of this Code will further serve to strengthen the relationship between dealers, their customers and the members of their communities.
The role of the new car and truck dealer is to assist in meeting the motoring needs of customers in a knowledgeable and professional manner. With this position comes the responsibility to uphold and evolve the standards of the profession for the continuing benefit of customers, employees and business partners. A dealer’s success is rooted in integrity, competence and accountability.
As a new car and truck dealer and association member I value my reputation within the community and industry. I subscribe to all association standards and principles and comply with all local, provincial and federal laws. On behalf of this dealership and our employees I pledge our…
- We will operate this business in accord with the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- We will treat each customer in an open, honest and equitable fashion.
- We will advertise products and services in an accurate and informative way.
- We will present products and services clearly and factually.
- We will serve our customers in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- We will uphold the brands we represent.
- We will put our promises in writing and stand behind them.
- We will resolve customer concerns promptly and courteously.
- We will stand behind our warranties.